Our Team’s Favorite Smile-Friendly Snacks
EVERYONE KNOWS that snack time is one of the best times of the day! Getting a tasty treat in the middle of the workday or grabbing a snack after school can be just the pick-me-up you need to tackle the rest of your day with a smile.
But before you reach for the chips or chocolates, we have a few smile-friendly suggestions! Today we want to share our team’s favorite snacks that protect your teeth and benefit your smile.
Our Smile-Friendly Snack Picks
From Melissa : veggies straws, humus, almonds
From Erica: Skinny Pop popcorn, veggies, mango, pistachios, cashews
From Dr. Ivan: fruits (apple, pears etc), seeds, cashews, carrots
From Katie: fruits
In addition to trying out our favorite snacks, keep these tips in mind when planning snacks that benefit your oral health:
Eat More Of These
- Leafy Greens: Dark, leafy greens like kale, spinach, and collard greens have calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, and magnesium; all essential for healthy teeth and gums.
- Cheese, Milk, and Yogurt: Dairy is a delicious source of calcium, which supports strong bones and teeth.
- Kiwi, Oranges, And Other Vitamin-C-Rich Foods: Vitamin C boosts your body’s ability to fight infection that causes gum disease.
Eat Less Of These
- Soda And Energy Drinks: These acidic, sugary drinks attack and gradually deteriorate your protective tooth enamel.
- Sticky Candy, Gummies, And Dried Fruit: These foods stick in your teeth and continue to bathe your teeth in sugar for hours after eating.
- Highly Processed Carbs: This includes crackers, white bread, and pastries, which feed decay-causing bacteria in your mouth.
Keep In Touch To Learn More!
Now that we’ve shared our favorite healthy snacks, we want to hear from YOU! If you have any healthy recipes you make make at home, share them in the comments below or on our Facebook page! We’d love to see what kinds of creative snack ideas you’ve come up with.
Thank you for CHEW-sing our practice!